Student Life

o
People of the plains

“My freshman year was kind of rough because there was the transition from junior high to high school, and I took a lot of AP and honors classes. I knew what I was doing, in a sense that I was holding myself up to a higher standard. I learned a lot  my freshman year: when to ask for help and where to get help. Sophomore year got harder because of my family life. I took an AP class that year, and I wasn’t ready for the rigor. The rigor of that class really really threw me off. My junior year is going okay so far. My biggest thing right now is just sitting down every day after school and getting my homework done because I’m afraid to fall behind.  I did that sophomore year, and I don’t want to repeat that so right now my biggest thing is just sitting down doing my homework, getting it turned in on time, and then talking to my teachers.

Ciera Remillard (11)

In the state of Wyoming, hunting is a common activity that many  people take part in. The students of south high are no exception. “In my family, we hunt to keep our freezer full. My favorite animal to hunt is deer because they are more attentive than antelope, but they are easier to hunt than other big game,” said Brady Dunn (12). “The best part of hunting season is getting away from people and being surrounded by woods. We hunt for bonding time and to put food on the table,” Keelan Mason (10).

Brady Dunn (12)

Keelan Mason (10)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    PEOPLE OF  THE PLAINS
By Nick Hawley
Mrs. Cortez I didn’t exactly know what I wanted to do after I graduated high school, so I took a year off. My parents, at the time, gave me the option of getting a job or going to college so I went and got a job. Well during that time my high school theater teacher asked me to be her assistant director for the play they were putting on. It was during this time that it hit me, that I wanted to be a theater teacher so, I began taking classes at LCCC. After a while, I got into a program at UW that would have allowed me to graduate in an earlier time period than what I did, but unfortunately it ended when I was half way through it. I wanted to teach theater because I wanted to teach a class that students wanted to take, not what they needed to take. I also enjoy the feeling that I made a difference in the students lives when they come and visit the school or I receive graduation invites. I know that the little things that I did, when I was teaching them, helped them become the successful adults that they are. I like to give teachers, that don’t exactly know what they’re teaching for, the thought that it’s the passion to make a difference in not only your life, but that of the students. No matter what you teach it’s the passion.